1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Startup Repair stuck on searching for problems

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by rocket11, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocket11

rocket11 Thread Starter

Feb 14, 2011

Startup Repair is telling me that my computer was unable to start and that Startup Repair it is checking my system for problems. It is totally stuck on 'searching for problems' and runs for hours without changing screen. the back and the next option are greye out and the only option is to cancel and then the screen freezes totally and I just shut it down with the power button hled in for 3-4 seconds. On restarting it then asks me whether I want to start windoes normally or start repair and then gets stuck again at the ''searching for problems'' screen with the dark blue bar passing along the greyed out long rectangular dialogue box. I can't get it to do anything at all apart from sticking at this screen.........HELP!

Many thanks
  2. captainron276

captainron276 Ron

Sep 11, 2010
    Not sure if this will help; but I had a very similar problem just a few days ago. I was playing a game and when I quit the game my computer just shut down and started to restart. The computer then showed me the screen you are referring to so I tried to click Startup repair and nothing happened. So, I just selected start up normally and I was off and running back into windows. When things like this happen to me I always do a "Check Disk" and this normally finds errors on the drive due to the improper shut down, and corrects them. Then all has been back to normal for me.
  3. vicks

Jan 31, 2005
    Welcome to TSG forums!!!
    Try this:
    When you start the computer, while it is booting start gently, continously tapping the F8 key. This should open the
    "safe mode" feature. (black screen with whhile lettering) use the arrow keys to move up to the 'last known good configuration' option, then click enter.
    Let us know how it goes.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/980724