1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Startup time from 75 seconds to 165 seconds. What is wrong?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by SimTmiCro, May 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimTmiCro

SimTmiCro Thread Starter

Hello forum.

I have a month-old Dell Inspiron N7010 Core i5 460M with 6 gigs of ram running on Windows 7. Until recently, it has been starting up in about 75 seconds. However, out of nowhere, it suddenly began starting up in between 2 and a half minutes to 3 minutes. I am completely baffled, and I do not know what is wrong. Could it have been something I installed, or is it something that is beyond my knowledge. The last things I downloaded before the problems started were Starcraft II, Need for Speed World, and Microsoft Security Essentials, but I doubt one of those is the source of problem. Much help is greatly appreciated. :)

2. pip22

pip22

Check for Malware with a reliable & trusted malware detector and same with antivirus.

Make sure you don't have a load of unecessary stuff starting with Windows.

Run the Disk Defragmenter on the system drive (usually C)

If none of that makes any difference, you may have hidden malware so please post on the malware forum for expert advice:
    http://forums.techguy.org/54-virus-other-malware-removal/

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!