startup

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

scrtagnt420

I have a hp laptop celeron 1800, 256 ram running win xp home. I tried to eliminate items from loading at startup. I ran msconfig and brought up the system configuration utility. I went to the startup tab, I checked disable all. I was prompted to restart computer which I did. When it came back on all items still load. What am I doing wrong?

Originally posted by scrtagnt420:
I have a hp laptop celeron 1800, 256 ram running win xp home. I tried to eliminate items from loading at startup. I ran msconfig and brought up the system configuration utility. I went to the startup tab, I checked disable all. I was prompted to restart computer which I did. When it came back on all items still load. What am I doing wrong?
You most likely unchecked the two you shouldn't have and in oder for it to boot back up which it did. It reseted your changes.

Try not unchecking System tray,and LoadProfile, and Rundll or any thing with firewall or virus program but the rest you shouldn't be able to disable these without a program to boost your resources.

Jay

I have none of these items in startup
what about explorer? This isn't good scrtagnt420, You should see these, now I see you having a problem. Try normal load up to see if this bring them back.

scrtagnt420

I will try to post what I see: s3tray2, printray, dumprep 0-k, hpsysdrv, hpdisply, zonealarm, carpserv, ccApt, ccRegVfy, tfswcrtl, AcBtnMgr_X73, ACMoniter_X73, msmsgs, PPMemcheck, OneTouch, RealPlay, upd, wcmdmgrl, XTCfgLoader, Xupiterstartup, Adobe Gamma Loader, America Online 8.0, Instant Wireless, Kodak Picture Trans, Microsoft Office, WinZip QuickPick, Update Grokster.
I hope this helps you help me

I will try to post what I see: s3tray2, printray, dumprep 0-k, hpsysdrv, hpdisply, zonealarm, carpserv, ccApt, ccRegVfy, tfswcrtl, AcBtnMgr_X73, ACMoniter_X73, msmsgs, PPMemcheck, OneTouch, RealPlay, upd, wcmdmgrl, XTCfgLoader, Xupiterstartup, Adobe Gamma Loader, America Online 8.0, Instant Wireless, Kodak Picture Trans, Microsoft Office, WinZip QuickPick, Update Grokster.
I hope this helps you help me
What! Get rid of Grokster, bad, Spyware www.pestpatrol.com try free trail or try this http://download.com.com/3120-20-0.html?qt=Ad-Aware&tg=dl-2001 its free.

This looks like a labtop. don't uncheck s3tray2, Not sure about printray. hpsysddrv, hpdisply, carpserv, msmsgs, ppmemcheck, OneTouchou for sure RealPlay,WcMdmgrl, Adobe Gamma Loader, America Online8,winzip, microsoft office,kodak picture Trans, quickpick you should be able to uncheck without problem. I would leave the rest.

Hope this helps.
Jay

scrtagnt420

Grokster is a peer to peer network. I am aware of the spyware that comes with it Cydoor. But I like trading video and audio files

Grokster is a peer to peer network. I am aware of the spyware that comes with it Cydoor. But I like trading video and audio files
Ok I use www.BearShare.com or KaZaA lite but I use the programs I said to delete the adware because they have to put adware to help keep it free.

It's up to you. I hate spywhere. I had to delete an email I had over 10 years because of it :( .. It trace all your browsing habits. then sends you email to catch your eye.

J

scrtagnt420

I tried to delete all of the spyware and the program would not work. With bearshare or kazzalite can you delete all spyware and still run the application

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online