Startup

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

thedome

Hi-Lately, everytime I boot up my "dial up connection" box appears during boot, have to click on the X at least 10+ times for it to go away. If I check startup with msconfig, what is most likely to cause this? Doesn't seem to cause any operating problems, just annoying as I do most of my work offline--Thanks! Steve in PA.

Hi thedome!

Let the dial up connection software load.
The start-up behavior settings should be in it's options, settings, or preferences...

Uncheck 'load at windows start-up' or whatever similar meaning phrase that you find...

Reboot.

_

thedome

Lizard-Tks but it is just the windows box, can't find any associations to uncheck--not hurting my system just annoying!--thedome

Thedome:

Hi Again.

You should also be able to stop it by editing the start-up list.

If you would like to remove it from start-up...

Click Start>Run...
Type "msconfig"
Click 'OK'
Click the 'Startup' tab.
Scroll down until you see the program that you think relates to the dial-up connection start-up.
(If you are not sure which one, try to copy and paste the results here and we'll try to pick it out)
Un-check that program.
Click 'OK'
Reboot.

Note: this should not in any way affect the proper functioning of your dial-up connection. It is just loading at the wrong time.
_

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online