State Disconnect!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

algoss

Occasionally, like right now, a small window appears, with the title "TEST". There is one line of text the says "State Disconnect!" and an "OK" button. I think it happens only while I'm browsing, but I'm not sure. I've looked through my running processes, using Norton System Information, and I can't find anything. <CTRL>-<ALT>-<DEL> doesn't show any likely candidates. I'm currently searching for files containing the string "Disconnect!" but I don't have very high hopes.

Any Ideas?

Not really sure. When it happens are disconnected
from the internet, I'm thinking maybe a disconnect
when you are on the internet and are idle for a
period of time.
Could try ctrl+alt+delete when the screen shows
up and it might give you some idea's.

algoss

Thanks! After I posted, the search found the file containing the string, "Disconnected!". It is something called "PCTVOICE". I'm chasing that down now. It gets started at boot, from the registry, and is running now. Properties tells me it's from a company called PCTel. It's in the Windows directory and has a compressed version in Windows\options\cabs. I'm going to use msconfig to turn it off and see what happens.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online