1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Static audio on video...

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by bko376, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bko376

bko376 Thread Starter

I made a movie for a contest, and they specified how they want me to compress it as follows:

FileType: MOV Width: 320 pixels
    Compression: Sorenson 3
    Date rate: 250 kbps
    Sound: Apple Lossless, 16bit, mono

So I found all of those options in my video editor (avid xpress dv) and exported it. The video was the right size and looks perfect, but the only sound heard is a constant loud static screech. What did I do wrong?

PS

I didn't change any options besides the ones they specified.

2. bko376

bko376 Thread Starter

Another problem: They also require that I send them a full quality version of the video. I exported one, completely uncompressed (i'm pretty sure anyway...) and the audio works fine, but the whole video skips every couple of seconds. Every now and then it just freezes and then skips ahead. All of it is there. I can see it when I grab the little quicktime dot and speed move through the movie like that. I think it's just skipping because it's effin huge (4 gigs) Is there any way I can prevent this?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488834

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice