1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Static from Headphones

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Endeavor1, Jan 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Endeavor1

Endeavor1 Thread Starter

Hi, I have been having some trouble recently with my headphones. I am getting some static feedback from them. If I play something loud enough, it can overshadow the static - but when I am not doing anything, I've also noticed an oddity that, when I open a new tab and go to a web site, the static intensifies. I am using Audiotechnica headphones. Thanks for the help!

2. Lucky09

Lucky09

Hi,
    Welcome to TSG.
    How's this headphone like on different PC? you can also try it with your mobile if applicable and see if there's still static.
    Try another headphone as well just for testing purposes. that's the fastest way to isolate whether it's your headphone or the PC.

In case the problem falls under the PC:
    - right click on sound icon at the system tray then go to Sounds

- under Playback
    > select the default speaker > properties
    under enhancements > disable all enhancements
    under advanced > uncheck exclusive mode options

- on recording tab > select the default mic > then properties
    >under listen > uncheck "listen to this device"
    > under enhancements > uncheck "disable all enhancements"
    > under advanced > uncheck the exclusive mode options

3. Endeavor1

Endeavor1 Thread Starter

OK, I did your requests and it seems as if they did not work. Could it possibly be something to do with reception/interference? I forgot to add that this is a cord headphones set, but you already knew that. As I mentioned before, whenever I direct my Chrome browser to a new website, I get the static at a higher/intense level. I have alleviated some of the static, but not all of it. I can still hear little chirps and buzzes. Have any idea on what to do from here?

4. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    What are you listening to when you hear the static ? CD, Utube ...

5. Endeavor1

Endeavor1 Thread Starter

Anything with audio. The static intensity varies from activity. Any ideas? I already updated audio drivers.

6. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    If it's a Desktop and you're using built-in audio rather than a separate sound card it could be interference from the electronics on the motherboard. Try plugging the headphones into the motherboard/sound card directly at the back if you have them in the front now.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087157

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice