1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Static from Sound Card

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by invertedcat, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. invertedcat

invertedcat Thread Starter

Hey all,
    I recently bought a Dell Latitude E6410 and my sound card has started putting out a base layer of static. It happens whether I'm plugged in or not, and no matter what I plug into my headphone jack. It seems to get louder whenever I perform actions onscreen, like moving the scrollbar or opening applications, and when I use USB peripherals like my mouse and keyboard. At first, it was just a small nuisance that I could put up with, but lately it's gotten louder and has started to really detract from my music / video experience. I figure it's a problem with my soundcard (or maybe it's just integrated sound? I'm not entirely sure), but I'm hoping to find an internal fix so that I won't have to replace it. Thanks for any help.

Here are my specs:
    Dell Latitude E6410
    Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit
    Intel i7 M620 Processor
    4 GB RAM

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971846

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice