1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Static IP Address

Discussion in 'Games' started by Targ3t, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Targ3t

Targ3t Thread Starter

Hello there!

I ordered a static IP address from my webserver hoster, and it just finished propagating it so it's in use now. But the question is, since it's now on my webserver's static IP address, is there a way to attach that IP address to this, my, computer that if I start hosting a game server that I can get a static IP address to this computer and with that way from all over the world?

Should I contact to gameserver provider to ask some advice is there any possibility to make the server hosting -file to communicate with the webserver that it could get the static IP address from there and use it on itself? Or should I contact to the manufacturer, where I got the static IP address? At this moment, it's my webserver hoster as well...?

Thanks for your help!

2. Targ3t

Targ3t Thread Starter

Please... Anyone?

3. squidboy

squidboy

You can get a static IP from your ISP (depends on the ISP), then you can do as you described.

But if you just want to host a game server on your PC you don't need a static IP.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/655156

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice