1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Static Noise from headphones

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sajuukkhar, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sajuukkhar

sajuukkhar Thread Starter

so i recently got windows 7 and ever since i got it ive been getting this static noise from my headphones and speakers whenever I use them. I've tryed adjusting my sound option and getting the latest drivers for my sound card but nothing i do works.

2. Nebastion

Nebastion

So you have a sound card? Its not the On board sound on the MoBo?
    Check your Manufacturers software, My Realtek Software has a booster option that creates a staticky Ambiance.

3. sajuukkhar

no its intagrated into the motherboard. its a realtek high definition audio thing.

4. Nebastion

Nebastion

Dito, so you have a little Brown Audio Manager in the bottom right in the system tray? Open up that and mess around with some of the setting look for the Noise cancelation Option,

If it cant be resolved here im not sure what the problem is.

5. Nebastion

Nebastion

Do you have a mic? If so Try muting it,
    Onboard sound is gonna have statick, it just depends how the manufacturer designed the board,
    How old is your system? do you have an audio cable running from your MoBo to your Dvd Or cd Drive??

6. sajuukkhar

well my system is one i put together myself so some stuff is older then other stuff. the motherboard though i bought like 2-3 years ago.

7. Nebastion

Nebastion

So you now know that your gonna get a certain amount of statick with MoBo's with Onboard sound,
    If you Have digital output you could use this to reduce the Additional noise, or you could install a sound card and Test Witch PCI slot gives you the least amount of statick.

Do you have a mic?

8. sajuukkhar

yes i know im going to get static but when i had windows XP there was none but the second i install 7 the static gets loud and obnoxious and yes i have a mic and i made sure it was muted. and from the other forums ive visited apparently ALOT of people have had horrible static noises in widnows 7 while using a realtek audio card it might just be that windows or raltek needs to fix this and that until then its probally not solvable.

9. Nebastion

Nebastion

So you Made no Hardware changes before you installed Windows 7.

Ugggrrrrm. i dunno then my friend i cant speak for Windows 7, Im not a fan of windows anyway. I have enough problems with the later version of windows.

What im saying is that it may Be a Hardware Problem Or just an Unavoidable defect, And then it may be the Way the software is Configured.

I agree its strange that with XP there was no such problem.
    But there you go... Windows 7 isnt as tried and trusted as XP.

Long live XP.

10. Nebastion

Nebastion

You Say you installed the new drivers?
    Did you go to the manufacturers, website and look for realeased win 7 drivers?
    Or you may need the High Definition Audio Codecs.

HERE is a link to their website.

11. sajuukkhar

i got the drivers from the realtek site before and thet didn't fix it ill go to my motherboard manufacturers site and try there

12. sajuukkhar

well getting the drivers from the manufacturer of my motherboard got rid of like 90% of the noise there is still some every now and them but its now reasonable. still not as good as it was on xp.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/894957

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice