Static noise in headphones

Zaphyr

I can hear some static noise in my headphones. I tried my headphones with different devices and I can confirm that the noise is coming from the computer, not the headphones. The noise gets a lot quieter when I plug the heaphones into the front of the case. The same noise I hear in the heaphones can also be heard from the CPU fan. I have tried various solutions I found online, like changing some sound settings in windows, updating drivers, and swapping out the PSU, but nothing worked. Although, when I swapped the PSU out, I had the PSU outside the case and the noise got a lot quieter, it was almost completely gone when I plugged the headphones into the front of the case. So my questions are: What's causing the interference? Is it just the CPU fan or could it be other things too? Is it the motherboard's fault? Should I get another CPU fan, a sound card, or try to RMA the board?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 18363, Installed 20200310014203.000000+120
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 13, CPU Count: 6
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
Hard Drives: C: 111 GB (41 GB Free); D: 931 GB (28 GB Free);
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z390 UD, ver x.x, s/n Default string
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n Default string
Antivirus: Bitdefender Antivirus Free Antimalware, Enabled and Updated

IF this is a new mobo, I would RMA the mobo. There should not be any interference at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts