Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Static noise in headphones

377 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  lunarlander 
#1 ·
I can hear some static noise in my headphones. I tried my headphones with different devices and I can confirm that the noise is coming from the computer, not the headphones. The noise gets a lot quieter when I plug the heaphones into the front of the case. The same noise I hear in the heaphones can also be heard from the CPU fan. I have tried various solutions I found online, like changing some sound settings in windows, updating drivers, and swapping out the PSU, but nothing worked. Although, when I swapped the PSU out, I had the PSU outside the case and the noise got a lot quieter, it was almost completely gone when I plugged the headphones into the front of the case. So my questions are: What's causing the interference? Is it just the CPU fan or could it be other things too? Is it the motherboard's fault? Should I get another CPU fan, a sound card, or try to RMA the board?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 18363, Installed 20200310014203.000000+120
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 13, CPU Count: 6
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
Hard Drives: C: 111 GB (41 GB Free); D: 931 GB (28 GB Free);
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z390 UD, ver x.x, s/n Default string
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n Default string
Antivirus: Bitdefender Antivirus Free Antimalware, Enabled and Updated

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.