1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

static problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by twizzie, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. twizzie

twizzie Thread Starter

Hi, My computer is acting up ( once again ) ~

The monitor has static on it in dark blue areas, and also the speakers have static with music on and without music on.

2. doggyhairball

doggyhairball

First off get your speakers away from your monitor before the magnets damage it. I am not quite sure of the static in the speakers but I am thinking if you get them away from your monitor it might help, it could also be interference from the unshielded do dads in the monitor. Finally I am not quite sure what the static in the monitor might be from but you might want to check to see if theres something in your room emitting high radio frequency waves like a microwave but again I am not totally sure.

3. twizzie

twizzie Thread Starter

Ok did so

I have a 7.1 system and three speakers were touching them. Now one of them is going on the wall about 2 feet up higher or maybe more. The other two are about 2 feet further. So, is 2 feet a good distance? I also have a electronic pencil sharpener right next to the monitor which i only use like maybe once a week. The printer is right next to it as well, and it is always off unless i need to print something. The computer is also right next to it.

The static seemed to of stopped for now, and same with the speakers, so thank you. Can you just let me know if the distance I kept them ( 2 feet ) is good enough.

4. twizzie

twizzie Thread Starter

>>>> also my subwoofer is on the same table as all my other things, it is next to the computer. here is a lil picture.

Subwoofer >>> Computer >>> Monitor >>> Pencil sharpener >>> Printer

Those are the parts in order of left to right.

5. twizzie

twizzie Thread Starter

I moved my speakers on the floor (temporarily), and I still had static. Then I moved some batteries, remotes, cellphone, still no sucess. Then I moved my pencil sharpener and it seemed to of stopped. I had to move it to the next room to completely stop the static. Then about an hour later, the static starts one again. I'm guessing its the chair? I move the chair around and in some spots it does stop. My way of testing the static? > highlighting something, only a dark blue shade has static, nothing else.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644512

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice