1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

stationery (again!!!)

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by rip_brandon, Dec 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rip_brandon

rip_brandon Thread Starter

hi again guys and dolls.....
    i have created from scratch a stationery in outlook....i got me a picture, colour, signature and all that.....then when i view the source code and add the link for it to play a sound it works fine.......but how do i save it so that the next time i use that stationery, it plays the sound again?
    i have selected save from the file menu and it just saves the message, and i have saved as stationery and it just saves the picture.

any ideas? u were a great help last time so if u could be so kind again!!!!!!

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

rip_brandon
    If you have a way of accessing the code of your created stationary which should be stored in:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Stationery
    Try adding the line within into the Head portion of the page.
    Change the enter your wav or mid file area to reflect your file which also has to be stored in the stationary file. Exp= sunset clouds.mid which would then look like
    src="file:///c:/program%20files/common%20files/microsoft%20shared/stationery/sunset clouds.mid"
    loop="-1" volume="-200">
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "bgsound" <---without qoutes and a < before bgsound
    src="file:///c:/program%20files/common%20files/microsoft%20shared/stationery/Enter your mid or wav file here"
    loop="-1" volume="-200">
    You can change you volume setting by playing with the volume setting.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dave

3. rip_brandon

dave, i thank you!

i cant believe that all last night i was editing other html stationerys in order to use them with different pics and sounds etc only to forget what to do when i started from scratch!!
    lol

as soon as i read what u said it clicked in my small mind what i needed to do, so again, thanks very much for your help.

4. rip_brandon

also dave, when ive sent my email stationery to people the picture scrolls.......when im writing it, it doesnt.

ive got my email format setting to html....and all that so can ya help me with that mate?

thanks again....

5. Davey7549

Davey7549

rip_brandon
    I am not quite understanding your question. When you send the e-mail to someone the e-mail stationary scrolls behind the text and plays music? Or the email text and stationary scroll as the user is reading it? Either way this can be by design. For instance there is e-mail scripts that allow the stationary to scroll behind the text without the reader touching the the scroll bar. And the second senerio could be you are writing the e-mail using a maximized screen and the receiver is reading in a smaller window in which case text wrapping would occur.
    If I did not cover your question please explain in more detail.
    Dave

6. rip_brandon

ok, when i send a stationery that has been created to scroll, the picture scrolls when received by my friends and the music plays etc.

but on my screen whilst i am sending it, the picture does not scroll.

if my friends then send me the same thing, it does not scroll on my screen, but did on theirs.

i hope this makes sense as i know i havent been able to explain it too well really.......

i have looked in other html files so i know how to make my stationery scroll......but i still cant see it scrolling.

please help me dave ure a genuis!!!!!

7. Davey7549

Davey7549

Rip
    Won't have much time this morning since I have to go to work but
    run some checks. Send yourself an e-mail using a known good scrolling stationary. Also navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Stationery and double click on the htm stationary for a known good set. Do they display correctly?
    Have just a few more minutes and have to run.
    Dave

8. rip_brandon

cheers dave ill try that.
    if ya think of anything then let me know when ya can.

have a good day at work mate.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60720

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice