1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

status 'flag'

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by mrwendal, Oct 8, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. mrwendal

mrwendal Thread Starter

just an ickle suggestion...

is it possible to build in a flag (or similar) for each thread, so we can tell the status of it from the main thread listings screen for each topic?

Examples:

a poster will post a problem, which then sets a flag saying, "awaiting suggestions - problem unresolved".

someone responds and ticks a checkbox (for example) to change the flag to, "suggestion provided - awaiting response from original poster".

the original poster then replies and if this has worked then can set the flag to 'solved' or if not can set back to "awaiting suggestions - problem unresolved".

This won't solve the issue of people not replying back to suggestions, however, it will save others having to click on a thread to find if a suggestion has been given or not as the status will be seen on the main board.

Also (and i know this is laziness) if i see a post with more than 1 reply, i presume the problem is in hand or resolved and so don't always enter into it to offer help. I'm sure others do the same.
    If the main thread list in each section also showed a status flag, then i would see if this is still awaiting a response back from the user or awaiting responses from us?

Does any of this make sense - and is it do-able?

2. RandyG

RandyG

makes perfect sense to me, and I think t'would be a great implementation!;):D

3. oscar51

oscar51

4. RandyG

RandyG

Hmmm . . . somehow I missed Mikes suggestion in your first link.

I must have been away that weekend!;):D

anyhow, since Mike was looking for suggestions along this line, and I have never seen iut go anywhere since then, i think I'll drop him a line and let him tell us what the story is!;):D

5. mrwendal

mrwendal Thread Starter

Ah well, it was worth a mention...

... if not only to feature as a link in someone else's similar suggestion in a few week's time!

I'm sorry to re-raise this issue, as it's obviously been covered a <insert prefix here>illion times. I just thought i'd add my two cents' worth

(although your second link, Oscar, was one started by me anyway!! :D ) ==> spooky!

I'm sure there's an original, clever, useful idea floating around inside this head of mine.

hey, no laughing at the back, there!!!
    :D

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170407

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice