1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

STB Graphic Card Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lil_sis1919, Sep 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lil_sis1919

lil_sis1919 Thread Starter

I recently upgraded to Win 2000, and there are only 16 bit graphics on my computer. I wanted to look for a new driver for Win 2000, and these are the serial numbers that I found on my card:
    STB Systems Inc
    1xo-0645-305
    210 031 00x

I would really like to fix this, but I can not find anything with this serial number for STB. Please give me any suggestions for this. Thanks. I was running Win 98 and everything worked fine until now. And unfortunatley I do not have a disk for the drive anymore. Maybe I just need to use Win 98 again? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I am running a Gateway 2000, with a Pentium II.

2. pinntech

pinntech

You need to look on the card itself. There will be chipset number somewhere on it. If you post the chipset numbers, someone might be able to locate a driver for it.

Also, you can try using a tool that is provided as "trial ware" by www.driversguide.com. Here is the link....

http://www.driverguidetoolkit.com/

The program will identify your chips for you and is even supposed to search the driversguide.com website for drivers too. I have used it to identify unknown chipsets a lot, it works pretty well. I have never used it to find the drivers though.

Shane

3. lil_sis1919

lil_sis1919 Thread Starter

Like I said the only numbers that are on it, are the two listed in the above post. I already went to that website, and they list by name, not by exact serial numbers. And sorry, I am doing this for my father. I just gave him this computer, and it worked fine until he upgraded to 2000. Sorry.

4. pinntech

pinntech

Get the utility in the link I provided, it will ID the chipset.

The numbers are physically located on a CHIP, not on the back of the card. Look at the chips and you will find the numbers. They might be covered up by a sticker and you might have to remove the sticker to see them.

The utility is the best way to ID them.

Shane

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    If the card is original Gateway hardware then you can go to their website and possibly download the driver there or at least get more info.

6. brite750

brite750

hopefully you can find drivers that work, your disk probably didnt even have win2000 on it, maybe NT4, if you can't find drivers you may have to buy a cheapy card that will have win2000 on it.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275466

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice