Steam crashing

Bird2298

i have a 2021 acer nitro 5 laptop. Recently after trying to download r6s my steam has started crashing every time i try to open it or try to open up any of my steam games. Idk if its relevant but all of my desktop shortcuts have green check marks installed of blue arrows like normal.

The green check mark is likely coming from OneDrive. It means the icons/files/folders on your desktop are correctly synced with what is in the cloud.

What happens when you start Steam? Is there an error message?

A wild guess here, but how are you starting steam? With a desktop shortcut, perhaps? Do you sync the desktop of any other devices (laptops/desktops/tablets/phones) to OneDrive? Another device with Steam installed, perhaps? Your desktop Steam shortcut could be the Steam shortcut for this other device, and if that device installed Steam in a non-standard place, the shortcut would not work on the current computer. Find Steam in the Start menu and start it there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online