1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Steam simply will not start

Discussion in 'Games' started by Refund, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Refund

Refund Thread Starter

My steam just wont start under any circumstances. I have tried literally EVERYTHING short of reformatting my comp.(which I'm trying to avoid). I have heard that virus scanners etc interfere, so I proceeded in uninstalling all of them, and still nothing. In fact now I can't get Mcfee back onto my comp. I have tried, reinstalling steam 7+ times and nothing. When I open task manager then click steam, steam.exe is their for 2 seconds top, then disappears. I went to steam support and they gave me some futile troublshooting tips, then I never heard from them again after that.

You guys have any ideas on what might be causing this?

Thanks,
    Refund

2. dunc453

dunc453

The same thing seems to be happening to me with Gmod, a steam app.
    Know what ya mean about steam support, it is useless

Sorry no ideas short of re-format
    I will have a think

3. Agentscar

Agentscar

(Only if you have steam installed)

Well,try ctrl+alt+del

and go to processes ,and you should see "Steam.exe *32" .Well,end that process.Then click steam,and try to start it up,should work.

:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756313

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice