1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Steam won't lauch my games.

Discussion in 'Games' started by Eye of Horus, Oct 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Eye of Horus

Eye of Horus Thread Starter

I'm sure a lot of you guys have had this question asked before, but i cant find the thread which it asks that question so im asking it myself. PLEASE help me! i just got the multiplayer pack which has counter strike: source, Half-Life: Deathmatch, and Day of Defeat: Source, but steam wont play any of them. a little window just pops up and sais "Preparing to launch (which ever of the games)... and then it just goes away. nothing else happens. why and how can i fix it. please help me...i would really appreciate it.

2. Eye of Horus

Eye of Horus Thread Starter

WOW...i ask the question, and im answering it too. WOW! well, maybe i will be able to help those who had my problem too. what i did was i went to the game which i wanted to play and hit properties. then when the tab come out, in launch options type this exactly -fullscreen and just press enter and thats it. now, not done yet. also, make sure your internet speed is in the correct one, View, settings downloads. depending on how fast your speed is...click on it. then...your game should work. well, thanks and hopefully i helped someone. :)(y)

3. oisforownage

oisforownage

Glad you figured it out mate, Steam can be a real pain in the bum.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/764062