1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Steam Won't Load

Discussion in 'Games' started by Sagex0x, Jun 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sagex0x

Sagex0x Thread Starter

OMG I tried everything and Steam Won't Load.. I Double Click the icon on my Desktop, and it appears to load with the hourglass animation. But after some waiting nothing appears, yet I see the Process "Steam.exe" running in my task manager when I press Ctrl+Alt+Delete. I did virus scans with HijackThis, Ad-Aware Pro SE and AVG, and it still refuses to work, I have no idea what my problem is. God I reinstalled windows and did a repair install as well today but no luck. I also did notice some page redirections whenever I search on google for I.e. "boots" the link I press is redirected to some poker site. Is this a form of spyware? And why hasn't my protection software detected it?

2. Tekker

Tekker

try uninstalling steam then do a fresh restall

3. Sagex0x

Sagex0x Thread Starter

I've tried uninstalling many times about 5+ times and reinstalling, but i figured out the solution. It was some hidden adware/spyware/trojans on my computer that even AVG, Ad-Aware SE and Windows Defender did not pick up. I used something called FixWareOut and now steam loads and i can play my games. =)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!