Solved Steering Wheel recognized as Pro Controller (windows10)

Jakub503

Hello
After Windows 10 reinstall I have a frustrating problem with my steering wheel. At first it worked like it should, plug in - recognized as steering wheel (device manager shows it as xbox 360 controller but whatever it workes perfectly) and after replug it doesn't work anymore.
It shows up in devices as Pro Controller and it inputs all buttons at once, not possible to calibrate it as it looks like all the buttons are randomly inputing.
I did install the drivers from the manufacturer site and it did not help. I managed to fix it once by unplugging, uninstalling all hidden USB and HID devices in device manager, replug and once again - X360 controller and it works. After the next replug it doesn't help.
It's not a problem of steering wheel as I checked it on my brothers PC and he can plug and play.
Steering Wheel is QSmart Suzuka Pro SW6060

See if this makes a difference...

In the Device Manager
Right-click on Pro Controller and select Uninstall device
Right click on any item and select Scan for hardware changes

The steering wheel should be found again and its driver should be reinstalled.

I have a Microsoft SideWinder Precision Racing Wheel that came out over 20 years ago. All I had to do to get it to work with Windows 10 was go into its settings and calibrate it.

1621115288853.jpeg

1621115303486.jpeg

Last edited:

Jakub503

Sorry for late reply, I had problems with internet provider.

No, it did not helped as I tried multiple times. I resolved the problem on my own.

By unplugging faulty HDD... not the one I have my system on. The one I used to store games. No idea why it worked like this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online