1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Step by Step login script setup help

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ntlearner, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ntlearner

ntlearner Thread Starter

I am just delving into NT and I need some step by step assistance. I am humbly asking for some hand-holding guidance.
    The environment I am setting up is a 1 w2k server (all updates, active directory is on, DHCP is on, DNS is on, and setup as Primary Domain Controller) 4 winxp pro clients. All my goal is, is to setup file sharing and internet sharing from the 2k server to the xp clients. I have the internet sharing down. the file sharing is where I am having difficulty. I want to setup a login script for all my users to share out 3 shares. 1 is a public dir for documents, 1 for user profiles and 1 for the medical app. (I know what I have to share). I need someone to give me some step by step instructions on how to accomplish this. #1 Where on the server do I put my login scripts? Is this put locally on the clients? If so where? If not, where on the server should they reside? I want a dos box to pop up on the screen after I login to the domain and show all the mappings. What syntax do my login scripts need in order for them to map to the right share. #2 How do I know and what do I check to ensure my dns is functioning correctly so my clients recognize my domain?

This is all that I need. I would appreciate any help given and would welcome any solutions to my issue. I need clear and a concise answer please. Dont assume I know anything except basic networking. :)

My domain is "DENTIST"
    My DC dns name is "SERVER"
    My public share is "Idontknow,whatshoulsitbe?"
    My app share is "c:\program files\dentrix\" Whats the syntax for this when I put this in my login script?
    My client names are "Front1", "Front2", "Doctor", "Back1"

Any other information can be given. PLEASE HELP ME FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! THANKS A BUNCH!

John 3:16

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116040

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice