1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Stereo mix not working and recording in other ways

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by CaraLynn, Dec 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CaraLynn

CaraLynn Thread Starter

Ok, I have been working at this for a while now and I don't know what to do. I want to record myself while playing game. But I can't seem to get the Stereo mix to work. Some days ago I got it to record sound off my computer but it was not recording my voice. Now it dose not seem to be working at all. When trying to use it with audacity I get this:

[​IMG]

All other recorders have there own messages saying the same thing or it can not be found. Hypercam 2 record Video ok but there no sound. Can still record with my mic. I want to try this: http://www.labnol.org/software/record-streaming-audio/5000/

and see if this will work. But I will need to buy the jack splitter and I'm not too sure if it will work or not.
    So, yeah, if anyone can help me with this, that will be great. Thank you for you time.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3240 CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 6013 Mb
    Graphics Card: LogMeIn Mirror Driver
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 936233 MB, Free - 803956 MB;
    Motherboard: Gateway, IPIMB-AR

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
  3. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    Can't help w W8, but here's a Jack Splitter I've used if you need one.
    You can tie Line Out back to Line In .. and still run external Speakers .. If you can record from Line In
    Have you looked around in Audacity's ... Edit > Preferences

4. KomputerKid

KomputerKid

I have found reinstalling the audio card drivers brought stereo mix back.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1139301

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice