Stereo pictures

Stoner

Banned
I found several books today, while cleaning a shelf, on stereo pictures.
Thought I might post a few of the photos and computer generated images and see if you enjoy them. :)

You will need to cross your eyes or focus to a far distance to get the stereo effect, depending on the type posted. Most will be crossing your eyes. With some, you can get a 'reverse' effect if you chose the wrong way....which is sometimes cool, too :D

enjoy
.....:D

Attachments

Thats quite amazing Stoner. (y)
First time I've seen something like that.

Stoner

Banned
Thanks gerry :)

Stereo pictures and computer generated images were the 'rage' here in the early 90's.

This next one is a computer generated stereo picture.
You can not cross your eyes to view it, you have to focus beyond the image to find the focal point.
This one may be hard, but one you accomplish it, the trick of focusing becomes mostly automatic.
For me, it's natural to focus into the monitor to see the effect, you might try printing out the jpg on paper to aid you the first time. I have more :D

You will see a skull:

What's also cool is to get the focus and then move your head slightly from side to side. :)

Attachments

Here's me looking at the monitor going wowl look at this and my other halfs got that look on her face that she's going to get me committed. :confused: :eek: :eek:

I had a quick attempt at making one. It seems the distance you move the camera between shots has a lot to do with the result.

Attachments

A friend of my dad's runs it. He showed me the site when I showed him DeviantART.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online