1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sticking on Windows 2000 Startup Screen

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by acorn, Jan 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acorn

acorn Thread Starter

Windows 2000 sits with the box saying Windows 2000 is starting up for any length of time until I get bored and hit the reset button, sometimes these needs to be done several times until the machine will progress past this screen! The machine is connected to a Windows 2000 Server with ADS.

2. StillRushn

StillRushn

Sounds like a driver problem as that is what is taking place druing that splash screen. I don't think being connected to the server has anything to do with it as the network connections come later in the process. If you add the switch /SOS in the boot.ini, you will be able to see the drivers listed on the screen as they are loaded. Boot.ini is hidden by default so you will need to use folder options to "unhide" it.

3. acorn

acorn Thread Starter

Thanks very much for your reply. However, I should have mentioned that this has only happened since we upgraded the server from NT4 to 2000.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66083

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice