Sticky Mouse

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

markjsr

My system has been acting very strangely. Once the computer boots, after 3 or 4 minutes the mouse begins moving sluggishly, spastic...slower and slower till it just stops. The weird thing is...if I hit CTL-ALT-DEL, the mouse moves normally again while the screen is blue...but as soon as I select TASK MANAGER and it opens....the mouse is back to spastic or non-existent movement. :confused:

I have switched the Logitech mouse for corded...for Microsoft...even the touchpad... all mouse movement is down. I've scanned the system repeatedly with IObit, Glary, McAfee, Malwarebytes, and HP Support assistant. Sometimes after several rounds of this, the mouse will behave for a while. I'll leave the system on for several days and it stays fine, but as soon as I have to reboot for whatever reason, I'm back into this weird mouse behavior.

When this happens, ALT-TAB window switching doesn't seem to work either.

I suspect a conflict of some sort...or perhaps some kind of USB system hitch...but mouse is the only function that seems affected.

HELP

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 30 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 8125 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6500M/5600/5700 Series, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 453312 MB, Free - 171979 MB; D: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 450195 MB; E: Total - 23322 MB, Free - 3403 MB; F: Total - 99 MB, Free - 84 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 1449
Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated and Enabled

markjsr

I deeplyappreciate that. I didn't realize they could be that destructive. I'll certainly disable that portion. Still have a problem with the mouse. But it's the last time I'll use a registry "cleaner" utility.

(y)

Boot to safe mode & test. Report the results.

Please provide the model & model # to your HP.

Hello & Welcome to Tech Guy Forum

When did the problem begin? Sometimes the exact date is important.

What changed? A hardware or software install or removal; update to W7 [ check the update history ], a program [ anti malware or other ]?

In normal mode:
start > search
type: msconfig.exe
left click it in the results
the system config will open
Is it in normal mode
If so, cancel

If not in normal startup mode
Left click the "services" tab
Take screen shots as you scroll through the listings until we know the services

Left click the "startup" tab
Take screen shots as you scroll through the listings until we know the startup items
Left click cancel

use the snipping tool
start > programs / all programs . accessories > system tools > snipping tool

return to this thread >"go advanced" > manage attachments
browse ; upload ; close ; submit reply

RF123

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online