Still a beginner

Garvi

Hello everyone...
So I have run into another problem with my laptop (lenovo v15 ssd..new and unused)
i wanted to shut it down after use...was in a hurry so saw only option update then shut down (which i clicked on) .
Now a day later I am trying to turn it on. But there is only a blank screen.. after charging it ,turned it back on. Starting screen is normal...logo shows and loading icon at bottom...and then blank.
The power button remains on as well as side blinker. But thats it.
Please help...I have no idea how to do this stuff...never been good with computers.

First, some serious and simple advice. When Windows is updating you should not turn off the PC. That includes closing the lid if doing so would cause the PC to shutdown. It might have been a case of coincidence that the battery was low and you were closing, causing an update to not complete successfully.

Here are instructions on how to start your PC in safe mode. This will determine if the PC is able to start at all.
  • On the Windows 10 sign-in screen, press and hold the SHIFT key on the keyboard.
  • With this key still pressed, click or tap the Power button and, in the menu that opens, click Restart.
  • Windows 10 restarts and asks you to select an option. Choose Troubleshoot.
  • On the Troubleshoot screen, go to Advanced options.
  • On the Advanced options screen, choose Startup Settings.
  • Windows 10 says that you can restart your device to change advanced boot options, including enabling Safe Mode. Press Restart.
When the PC restarts, choose the option to enter Safe Mode, probably option #4. Let the PC start and see if you are able to get logged in. If so, just so a normal restart and let the PC restart normally. Sometimes this alone will correct a startup problem.

You can also use the above procedure to remove a recent update. You'll see the option for System Restore. You can try that, and you can also try Uninstall Updates. One of these is likely to get the machine operational again.

Lastly, if all this fails then you can use the above procedure to have the PC reset itself. You would choose Reset this PC. Be sure to select Keep my files. That should put the PC back to the point of looking like a clean install. Using this procedure you will need to reinstall your apps.

Garvi

I have uninstalled latest quality update...followed by safe mode.
But still not working normally...screen is still black after lenovo and then loading icon.then black.
And it stays that way

I have uninstalled latest quality update...followed by safe mode.
But still not working normally...screen is still black after lenovo and then loading icon.then black.
And it stays that way
The next easiest solution is to use the Reset this PC option. Please be sure to choose the option for Keep my files. If that doesn't correct the problem then the PC will need to be reloaded from installation media.

crjdriver

Before resetting, you can try a simple system restore to a date prior to installing the update.

I am not a big fan of resetting the system from within windows; I much prefer a clean install booting from an install usb however that is up to you.

And some systems have a restore partition that allows BIOS to initiate a restore to the state it was in from the factory. I only had one laptop that had that option and I cannot remember if the BIOS restore would save user files. That's potentially a very destructive restore.

Garvi

Hi
An update on how my pc is
I have reset the pc keeping my files(local reinstall) and all is working well.
Just so glad to finally see the my home screen.
There is just one thing..i am getting a pop-up lenovo vantage for BIOS update. What should I do about it? And how to go forward. .. currently bios is DKCN49WW 26/10/2020
Don't want to run into another issue.so please guide if you can.
Thank you so much for all your help till now

crjdriver

Bios updates are done for a specific reason; ie cpu support, fix a problem, etc, they are NOT done just to update the bios. If all is well, leave it alone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online