1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

STILL Having PRINTER Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by golfnutz, Jan 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. golfnutz

golfnutz Thread Starter

I am still having problems printing a complete document from my HP 500C Printer. It will print one or two pages just fine. The "TEST PRINTER" test works perfectly. What happens is with larger documents, it gets to (usually) the third page and overwrites one or two lines and then prints a few lines of garbledy-gook symbols/letters/funny faces, etc. the feeds page after page with a few strange characters on them. But, as I said, the first page or two is perfect. HELP!!! And yes, I've reinstalled the drivers/software/checked cables, etc. :(

2. kilowatt1

kilowatt1

:cool: Sounds like it could be a spooling problem or printing format problem. Go to Start/Settings/Printers. Right click on the default printer. Click on Properties. Change the selection to "Start Printing After Last Page IS Spooled." Reboot and see if you have the same problem. If you do, change the setting back the way it was and change the format from EMF to RAW. Try it again. Hope this helps. KW1

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65897

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice