1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Still Image to Flash Clip?

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by Richard Adams, Jul 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richard Adams

Richard Adams Thread Starter

Hello Everyone,

I have aquired a demo version of Macromedia's flash software to see if I can actually do anything involving this addictive media, so if possible, I'd like to start on quite a small project. In this instance, this small project is changing my Photoshop-made header image into a flash image which fades background images in and out. Here is the image in its current boring and still format:

Header Image

What I would like to have happen is implement pale JPEG screenshots fade in and out in the background and then once this sequence has finished, the white glow slowly fades in and out repititively.

Is this possible and if so, any ideas on a place where I could find a tutorial that would take me through these steps?

Please understand that this would literally be the first time I open the Macromedia software mentioned above. I'm completely new to flash, but would love to learn it.

Richard.

2. Sequal7

Sequal7

3. Richard Adams

Richard Adams Thread Starter

Hey Sequel7,

Thanks very much for your input - Both great sites by the looks of things! I was actually on the hunt all day myself and discovered another web site which gave me a great video tutorial for what I wanted to do. You can check the header image out on my home page to see the result.

The site is: Cartoon Smart

The more and more I do with flash, the more and more I like it :) My only worry is that if my site eventually turns into a flash web site, (which I won't mind at all) will it still be easily accessible by search engines and such?

Thanks once again,

Richard.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/481957

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice