1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Still Looking for Help with Excel

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by tomob, Jan 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tomob

tomob Thread Starter

The help I need is with a Marco to import data and most importantly generate sales reports from the data...
    I do not want to post the data here as it contains names but belows is th jist of what I need..
    I am happy to pay for your time ot make a donation to TSG or both

We want the following to happen
    Create a macro or a template that she can import the data into
    print out a separate page for each loan rep
    Automatically add column after column I which will be a sum of F thru I
    Automatically add column after column M which will be a sum of K thru N
    Automatically add column after column N which will be a sum of K Minus N
    With totals at the bottom of each
    And the report to print with STYLE for each Loan Rep
    On the last page a summary of each Load reps Totals on one Page

2. Dreambringer

Dreambringer

I just sent a reply to you :) I am working on it this morning :) had something come up last night..

Do you use ICQ/AIM/Yahoo/MSN? Add me..

ICQ 56518442
    AIM Dreambringer21
    Yahoo Dreambringer21
    MSN [email protected]

3. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Hi there,

I don't know if Dreambringer is going to be helping you out exclusively or not, but let me know if you need help with anything. :)

tomob: if any of this is of help afterwards, a donation to TSG would always be greatly appreciated. :)

4. Dreambringer

Dreambringer

Zack,

bomb and myself work working on this earlier but any input you have would be greatly appreciated. Do you use MSN/ICQ/AIM/Yahoo!? If so add me, my alias are listed above.

I have already asked tom if it would be ok if I shared the file with you. He agreed.

5. bomb #21

bomb #21

Zack, obviously stuff like "add column after column I which will be a sum of F thru I" is fairly straightforward -- something like:

Range("A1", Range("A1").End(xlDown)).Offset(, 9).FormulaR1C1 = "=SUM(RC[-4]:RC[-1])"

However, the gist I got from a brief chat w/DreamBringer was that overall it may not be do-able -- different number of fields in some records than others, etc.

6. Dreambringer

Dreambringer

Actually Bomb, Tom sent me some new files, that it may be possible with.. Zack was working on them, I have been sorta busy this weekend, but have come up with a few things, I think Zack was going to work on an Addin, but I am not sure..

7. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Some questions:

How exactly will this data be brought into Excel in it's raw form? It is an xml file or a notepad file? I think an addin would be good here. It's something we can load with Excel, access anytime, be able to browse for the file to import and have it spit out the desired reports.

Does this sound optimal?

8. OBP

OBP

Sounds like Access LOL

9. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

I'm not sure if it is (as you know OBP), but I do know that it is within the scope of Excel, if I understand it correctly.

10. OBP

OBP

tomob, Dreambringer and firefytr, it has struck me that the description of what tomob wants may have pushed you in to not looking at the best way to achieve this. I would have that the best way to achieve the desired output is not to do any "inserting". I would suggest one or more seperate worksheets that look at the original sheet for the values from columns A to I and in column J have the calculation. Similarly columns K to O would look at the original columns J to N with columns P and Q holding the equations.
    I do not understand the STYLE reference but the rest is easy and non of this requires programming of any kind.

11. Dreambringer

Dreambringer

OBP,

That was the way I was leaning, I was just waiting on a reply to:

There were 4 files that were sent, I have asked tom if you could also be included in on this one, and he was ok with it, if you would like, I can send you the files if you have not allready gotten them.

12. OBP

OBP

Dreambringer, please do, is there any data, like an output specification to go with them?
    I do not understand the reference to "STYLE" so I am not sure what the output should look like LOL.

13. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

.. could be a Style in Excel.

14. OBP

OBP

Has anybody heard from tomob?
    Any progress?
    Need any help?

15. tomob

tomob Thread Starter

Sorry to all of you trying to help..... I was away over the weekend and on top of it all I got a bad cold... Enough on me

What I meant by "Style" was a stylish looking report that will print a seperate page for each Loan Rep.
    And A summary Page at the end that woul include Totals for the sales managers.
    The inserting of columns and formulars I know is easy but the person who deos this needs to have it in a step 1 step 2 step 3 and print I was hoping someone could come up with a MACRO or add in to do this

we got this months done manually but was hoping to make it as easy as possible for her

The one who solves this will be her hero!!

Tom

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/437916

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice