1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Still Losing BIOS Settings even after replacing the back up battery

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by edjon2000, Mar 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edjon2000

edjon2000 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Jon
    Hi all again

Long time no see

I have an issue that has come to light on one of my systems I have lent to my sister.

It is a reasonable spec system AMD xp3200+ Asus A7v880 mobo and it started to lose its date settings my immediate thought was to replace the CR2032 Bios Back up Battery and all seemed to be fine until the next day, same problem losing date and time settings , it is hit and miss or so it seems sometimes it is fine for days and other times not.

So any ideas as to a plan of action :) would be greatly appreciated

I look forward to hearing from you

edjon2000

2. bigbear

bigbear

Did you remember to "save the settings" before exiting?

3. edjon2000

edjon2000 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Jon
    Yes I did thanks,

I set up all the Bios settings again not a big task as there are only a few settings to change and hit F10 to save and exit and it was fine until it was next turned off overnight and then the next morning it had lost it's date and time settings etc I think I will check out the MOBO website and see if there are any Bios updates available that may address this problem it could be that the threshold voltage is set too low.

Other than that it works absolutely fine

Have you had any others mention this specific MOBO ?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/550156

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice