1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

still need help re: monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vanguard, Sep 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vanguard

vanguard Thread Starter

hi all
    can anyone give me any advice as to what V DEFL FAILURE means on my monitor. its a philips 20" C2082 DAS.
    could i fix it myself?philips were not helpfull,local TV repair shops dont know what this error message means.been forced to use 14" monitor and is doin my head in....:confused: just need to know if its worth gettin repaired or not? if anyone can tell me anything about this error message i would be most gratefull.
    cheers

VANGUARD

2. Rockn

Rockn

Sounds like vertical deflection and NO you can't fix this yourself. Never tinker around inside of a monitor or a TV because there are dangerous voltages stored inside a special capacitor that can cause serious injury if not discharged correctly. Better off to scrap it and get a new one.

3. vanguard

vanguard Thread Starter

cheers rockn...
    reckon youre right ill scrap it ..shame though good monitor in its day..
    regards
    vanguard

4. zeddy

zeddy

Just for info here is a link on the vertical deflection circuits

Techy

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165892

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice