1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

STILL need HELP with "view source"

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by janragan, Sep 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. janragan

janragan Thread Starter

Hi,
    I need some advice on a possible fix for my "view source" function. It isn't cache, have downloaded SP1 patch again... nothing has helped. When I click view/source all I get is a fleeting hourglass...then nothing...
    Thanks,
    Jan

2. Mithrilhall

Mithrilhall

I take it you're talking about that horrible browser called Internet Explorer?

Have you tried downloading IE again and seeing if it offers a repair option?

You could also try going to the control panel and Add/Remove Windows Components and remove it (make sure you downloaded IE before you remove it).

Another step you could try is Start-->Run-->cmd

sfc /scannow

You'll need your Windows CD in the drive for the above command.

3. janragan

janragan Thread Starter

Thanks...beong computer "handicapped" ... what does the latter do? I have IE6 on disk from my ISP helpdesk. Would an "install over" do any good? I went to add/remove and it asked if I wanted to "fix" IE...clicked yes...did no good.
    Thanks,
    Jan

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167504

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice