1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

still need help

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by kentucky6, Feb 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kentucky6

kentucky6 Thread Starter

ok here's the situation, I had a corrupt system so I slicked my hard drive and re-partitioned and formatted my hard drive. I then went to bootdisk.com and downloaded the windows 2000 disc set. went home and tried to install windows 2000 but when I put the floppy in it says non-system disk or disk error, replace and strike any key to continue. please tell me what it is I need to do.

2. begud4me

begud4me

try going intothe bios before the op sys trys to load and setting the boot options to boot from 3 1/2 floppy, I think this is what you are trying to accomplish correct?

3. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

Your W2K CD is what you need to boot to.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/331675

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice