1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Still photos with voice--Only Mavica?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by bhammer, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bhammer

bhammer Thread Starter

I am looking to replace my old, but sturdy Sony Mavica 250 with a camera that stores on a memory card, rather than the mini-CD. The catch is that I need a certain capability that my Mavica has--namely to shoot a still photo (stored as jpg) and at the same time record my voice description of the photo (stored as mpg). Sony figured this out about 5 years ago, but I have yet to see another camera that can do it. Is this a feature that only Mavica has?

Brad

2. slipe

slipe

My Casio Z750 does that. I’m sure the Z850 does and it is probably common with the current Casios. I know a lot of other cameras have a voice memo as well.

When you are in that mode you get a message on the screen after you take the photo that it is set for a voice memo. The memo starts when you press the shutter again and ends either when you press the shutter or after 30 seconds of recording. You can also use the camera as a digital audio recorder – I think it will store over 24 hours on a 1 Gig card.

3. bhammer

bhammer Thread Starter

This is encouraging. . . Can you tell me how it is done? On mine you set-up in the Menu for Voice. Then every time you press the shutter and release, it records 5 seconds of sound. Leave the shutter down and record up to 40 seconds. The camera stores one jpg and one mpg with the same filename. How does yours work?

Brad.

4. kath100

kath100

5. slipe

slipe

Mine works as I said in the previous post. It records a separate JPG and WAV audio file, which WMP plays fine.

I think I like the Casio system better. I wouldnÂ’t want to start talking as soon as I pressed the shutter for the photo. If I compose my thoughts first it is more intelligible. And I sometimes have to ask someone their name at a function after I take their picture.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/486299

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice