'Stingiest' data format for basic voice recording

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wubuscmh

Hi all,

I want to record voice messages for friends that are up to 5 minutes long. I have found Sound Recorder to be useful, it appears PCM 22.050kHz, 8-bit Mono suits my needs just fine.

Was wondering if there is any other software that can give me the same recording quality but do it with even smaller file sizes. (???) Also, I want this to be pretty compatible with any of my friends' computer setups, I suppose .wav is the best sound format?

Thanks ahead for any info,
-wubuscmh

Some form of compressed audio - MP3, WMA, Ogg Vorbis etc - would be smaller.

Ive used a program called wavepad, it allows recording in all formats and coverts files as well. Pretty good set up easy to use, and it's free!!! You can also edit the files with efffects if you like to have fun with your friends..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online