1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

STK? New folder in My Documents

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by lilart, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lilart

lilart Thread Starter

I was doing some file management, trying to "cleanup" My Documents". I discovered a new folder and do not know where it came from. I has a lot of strange icons in it and I don't know what they are for. We just installed a new HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 printer. Is that something that came with it? Since they don't give you manuals anymore and you have to go on-line to read the user manual of 300 and some pages, I hope I can get an answer from you all.. If you know what STK is all about, I'd sure appreciate it if you would share it with me. Thanks, lilart

2. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

What kind of icons are in it? or maybe give us some filenames?

3. lilart

lilart Thread Starter

The address at top of file reads: Documents and Settings/Art/My documents\STK\Sat Apr 17 12_30_59 MST 2010\css
    Inside there is another folder with "img" alongside it. The icons are little vertical rectangles with a small goldish circle in the middle of the right side. The following files are: common, defrag, desktop_report, desktop_report _alt, eventviewer, midservice, prelimdiag, removerProgs, securityScan, selectable, startup, systemInfo, SystemCleanup, task, token, virus checker, windowsUpdate, wrapup.
    I checked the date we bought the new all-in-one printer, etc. and it was on April 16th, so it has to do with our new HP Officejet Pro 8500. But I still don't know what I should know about it. The list of files doesn't really let me know what it actually will be doing. Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks, lilart

4. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

Hmmm, seems a bit odd.
    Have you contacted HP and asked them what this specific folder has to do with the printer? Perhaps they can shed some light on that.

5. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
  6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920477

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice