1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Stop: 0x0000001E error on installation (W2K Pro)

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by angelic_joy, Dec 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angelic_joy

angelic_joy Thread Starter

Last night I attempted to install Windows 2000 Professional (using the upgrade option) from WindowsME upgrade (got tired of the constant errors & crashes). Now, when I attempt to start up the computer I get the following blue screen of death+error:

***Stop: 0x0000001E (0xC0000005), 0x805667B8, 0x00000000, 0x0000000C) KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

***Address 805667B8 base at 8040000, DateStamp 384d9b17_ntoskrnl.exe

I tried to do the troubleshooting procedures suggested in the installation manual, but am unsure of the bios part. I should also point out that I attempted to boot up in safe mode with no success...just got the same error.

Is there anything I can do to get the OS up and running without having to f-disk and reinstall my previous OS? HELP!!

Here's my computer info:
    Processor - Pentium-S 166 MHz
    Base memory - 640k
    Extended memory - 162816k
    Award Modular BIOS v4. (ASUS P5A-B ACPI BIOS)

Thanks!

2. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

Not sure but in WinME there is a restore WinME in Help... on the left side mid ways down... go to Help & see that

Savvy :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!