Stop: 0x0000001E error on installation (W2K Pro)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

angelic_joy

Last night I attempted to install Windows 2000 Professional (using the upgrade option) from WindowsME upgrade (got tired of the constant errors & crashes). Now, when I attempt to start up the computer I get the following blue screen of death+error:

***Stop: 0x0000001E (0xC0000005), 0x805667B8, 0x00000000, 0x0000000C) KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

***Address 805667B8 base at 8040000, DateStamp 384d9b17_ntoskrnl.exe

I tried to do the troubleshooting procedures suggested in the installation manual, but am unsure of the bios part. I should also point out that I attempted to boot up in safe mode with no success...just got the same error.

Is there anything I can do to get the OS up and running without having to f-disk and reinstall my previous OS? HELP!!

Here's my computer info:
Processor - Pentium-S 166 MHz
Base memory - 640k
Extended memory - 162816k
Award Modular BIOS v4. (ASUS P5A-B ACPI BIOS)

Thanks!

Not sure but in WinME there is a restore WinME in Help... on the left side mid ways down... go to Help & see that

Savvy :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online