1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Stop 0x00000050 Blue Screen...HELP!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by TrooperBrian, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TrooperBrian

TrooperBrian Thread Starter

I am taking this computer with me back to school here in a few days, and just recently I have been getting this blue screen and I cannot use it for more than a few minutes at a time. It has happened before, but not to the point that I can't use it.

I tried changing the RAM, but I doubt that is the problem, I also switched to an AGP video card instead of the onboard, still nothing helps. I took me at least six different boot ups just to get the video card drivers installed.

I can't even keep the Control Panel long enough to do anything, or anything else for that matter. I don't have anything plugged into the computer that hasn't been there before.

I have attached a photo of the bluescreen if details are needed. The computer is an:

eMachines T3256

Here is a link to specs:
    http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/emachines-t3256/4507-3118_7-31154277.html?tag=mncol;rnav

If you have any other details you need please ask, otherwise thank you in advance for the help.

Attached Files:

2. haycg

haycg

3. A+Computer

A+Computer

updated video driver for your video adapter

4. TrooperBrian

I have the most recent driver for the video card I am using now. I have been told it may be an issue with the RAM, is this possible? Would switching out the RAM solve the issue even with the win32k.sys error?

5. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

0x00000050 errors can be caused by almost anything. Look to see if you have crash dump files with a DMP extension in C:\Windows\Minidump. If found Zip 4-5 recent ones and post here as a ZIP or RAR attachment. We can run a debug analyzer to hopefully see what caused the blue screen.

6. TrooperBrian

I couldn't get it booted long enough to get to the dump files, I suspect it has been the RAM all along. I ordered a new unit today and I will swap it out when it gets here.

7. TrooperBrian

I have replaced the RAM, didn't help.

I managed to boot several time and obtain the dump files. I have attached them herein.

I have mostly given up getting this computer back up and running. Now I am hoping to get it booted long enough to ghost the drives. Otherwise, I will just copy the data over to a server and start over.

Attached Files:

• Dump.rar
      File size:
      275.2 KB
      Views:
  8. TrooperBrian

Anyone? I am still trying to get it back up and running.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!