1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

STOP 0x0007B (0xF8958640... no system boot no cd boot WTF

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Pirate_, Feb 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Pirate_

Pirate_ Thread Starter

Hi

Today i was trying to restore my backup of the partition with the windows xp system on it.
    Of course, everything went wrong and Norton Ghost 2003 had an error at about 95%. I thought i can just boot from the win xp cd and fix the problem... no way

when i try to boot from the win xp cd, i get a black screen after checking my pc configuration, no driver loading etc.

when i try to boot from my sata drive, it says that there are some missing files (that's not strange, if ghost didnt work like it should)

when i try to boot from any other drive i get an error like this:
    A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to
    prevent damage to your
    Computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen,
    restart your computer.
    If this screen appears again, follow thease steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly
    installed hard drives or hard drive controllers.
    Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and
    terminated. Run chkdisk/f to check
    for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:
    STOP: 0x0000007B(0xF8958640, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000,
    0x00000000)

motherboard: Gigabyte GA-8I945GMF-RH

can anyone help?? :confused:

2. cmw2010

cmw2010

Stop 0x7B errors mean an inaccessible boot device. When you are loading from the windows CD did you load your SATA drivers when prompted to press F6?

3. Pirate_

Pirate_ Thread Starter

when loading from the windows cd, it doesnt even proceed loading drivers, the blue screen doesn't appear... just 'checking your system configuration' or something like that (white text, black background top left) and it disappears after about 4 seconds and the screen stays black...

What's more, when i was installing the system for the first time,i didnt need loading any drivers.

4. Pirate_

Pirate_ Thread Starter

yeah, finally, fixed it!
    i took another disc and re-formatted it, installed windows with my computer on that disc, and then accessed the files on my broken disc.

Info: if ghost fails to recover the windows, you have to reformat the system partition, no way to do it in any other way, because simply it is not accessible :)

The thing that saved me, was that i had one partition for the system, and one for my other files :)

5. tmmeister

tmmeister

I have the same problem, here's what I have in my system
    Maxtor SATA
    DVD rom IDE
    Floppy IDE

When boot from DVD Rom to install Windows, the Blue Screen of death above show up. I think my jumper settings are correct. Maxtor = Master, DVD Rom = Slave. Did I miss anything???

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!