STOP 0X050 Constant Blue Screen of Death Win7

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Andarthiel

Hi everyone,
I'm new here and I came to get some help with a really annoying BSOD problem I'm having in Windows 7 Ultimate. It happens very frequently, like once every 2-3 hours. It comes up with the message:STOP 0x00000050 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and the cause is fvevol.sys(which from what I gathered in Event Viewer is related to volmgr).
I did some tests on RAM without any errors showing up and even virus/spyware scans without any serious results.
I should add that when I check the Event Viewer to see what the problem was, I see volmgr as the cause and the error message it gives me is "could not successfully load the crash dump driver". Aside from that I've been having other symptoms but I don't know if they're related. Sometimes Win 7 just hangs on the Shutdown screen or it refuses to read discs and Windows Explorer just hangs after disc insertion(only way to read discs is to have them inserted on bootup).I don't know if that helps but this leads to me believe that it's related to my HDDs and/or my RAID.
I can't seem to find the minidump files or folder either. Is there something special I need to do(apart from setting a page file) to get it to show up?
Any help would be greatly appreciated since this problem has rendered my PC almost unusable:(

See if these directions help you get a minidump >>

1 > create a new folder on the desktop and call it "dumpcheck" or whatever you like
2 > navigate to c:\windows\minidump and copy the last few minidump files to that folder. *this assumes 'c' is your boot drive, if it is not, subsitute accordingly
3 > close the folder and right click on it and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder.
4 > use the "manage attachments" in the "advanced" reply window to upload that zip file here as an attachment.

If you do not see any minidumps, be sure you are not using any cache cleaner such as CCleaner. Also run sysdm.cpl and select Advanced > Startup and Recovery. Make sure "small memory dump" is the one chosen under "write debugging information" and the location should be %systemroot%\minidump
-----------------------------------------

Also can you provide some information on how long this problem has existed, and what you might have installed prior? Do you have a System Restore point that precedes the problem?

The Reliability Monitor may be helpful in determining the onset of an issue

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/windows-7-reliability-monitor/

-----------------------------------------------

From your own diagnosis I would suggest looking for the motherboard chipset drivers, and reinstalling those.

http://www.greatis.com/vista/Drivers/f/fvevol.sys.htm

Evidently related to the bitlocker drive encryption. Is this enabled or disabled?

http://www.techtalkz.com/windows-7/515981-enable-disable-bitlocker-drive-encryption-windows-7-a.html

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts