1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

STOP: c0000135 (Blue screen error)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by cutaia, Dec 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cutaia

cutaia Thread Starter

I have an Asus laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium. Last night it started having a problem where it cannot boot and gives the following error on a blue screen: "STOP: c0000135 The program can't start because %hs is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I've found some threads linking this error to AVG, so I've already followed these directions: http://forums.avg.com/us-en/avg-forums?sec=thread&act=show&id=132999

However, I'm still unable to start the computer without receiving this error.

The computer has also attempted to run "Startup Repair" but it just says it "cannot repair this computer automatically."

Any ideas on where to start?

2. Ditrich

Ditrich

3. cutaia

cutaia Thread Starter

I've attempted both of those steps already, but to no avail.

How might I go about recovering the system from an image on my backup partition? I'm not even sure if there is a backup partition or how to do this. :(

4. Ditrich

Ditrich

Contact your PC manufacturer support. Usually laptops are supplied with a recovery partition and instructions on how to use it.

5. cutaia

cutaia Thread Starter

Alrighty. Thank you.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031928