1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"Stop: c000021a {Fatal System Error}" on Startup

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by SPANKIE64, Sep 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SPANKIE64

SPANKIE64 Thread Starter

Yesterday, our computer around 6PM got a fake antivirus virus that popped up and installed automatically. I went and removed it off my computer. That one was called "Malware Doctor". Later, about 2 hours later, I got another one that popped up on my task bar called "Antivirus 2010". That one didnt install and I removed it. Today i started up our computer, and I got Antivirus 2010 again. I exited out of it, and removed it. Then I could not access the internet via Google Chrome, so i tried AOL. AOL worked, but it was freezing as always. I decided to restart my modem and my computer.

When I turned it on, It would go past the XP screen and continuously reboot. I then hit F8 many times, and got the menu(not sure what its called) and make it so it would not auto-reboot on system failure. Booting into safe mode doesnt work, or the other start options. I am using Ubuntu 10.04 LTS to access the internet/techguy.

I then got this error on a blue screen:

I do not have a XP installation disc, or any other windows recovery discs. How may I go about fixing this?

Thanks! You guys are awesome, you helped me tremendously when I had my last virus/PC problem.

2. SPANKIE64

SPANKIE64 Thread Starter

I just had noticed I had the error wrong. I just edited the post and fixed it. It looks to be something with the Windows login.

Can I please receive a answer? Thanks. This is my family's computer, as we only have 1 in our household. I use it daily to search for jobs and to do other things, which I have not been able to do today. Thanks for your help and understanding.

3. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

This matter can most properly be dealt with in the Malware Forum.
    It may be possible to recover by using Recovery Console, made from an ISO image as per this link.
    : Recovery Console Disc Image | Recovery Console Instructions
    The first link enables you to download a Recovery Console on an ISO file and the second link is a simple IOS burning utility. THIS recovery console is just that, it is NOT a repair or installation CD. So if the corrupted files, cannot be replaced from your computers backup systems, it will not help.
    HOWEVER the more important matter is to ensure that in enabling Windows to load you have then eliminated all signs of infection.
    I therefore recommend that you report your own thread and aksed to be moved to the Malware Forum.
    Good luck.

4. SPANKIE64

SPANKIE64 Thread Starter

Thanks for your help, Macboatmaster! I am going to make a Recovery Disc, as you suggested. What should I do on it once I create the disc, and run it?

5. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Sorry you misunderstood my advice is
    1. Malware Forum
    2, The Recovery Console CD will be useful and you can tell the Malware forum you have made it.

6. SPANKIE64

SPANKIE64 Thread Starter

Thanks for your help.

I reported the thread so it can be moved to the Malware section, I still have a question on what to do with the Recovery disc though. What do I need to do with the recovery disc to fix the "windows logon" problem?

7. SPANKIE64

SPANKIE64 Thread Starter

I found out about the AVG Rescue CD yesterday. I then today found that Ubuntu 10.04 LTS has a program built in called Brasero Burner. So I was able to burn the AVG Rescue CD to that very easily. I then booted the AVG CD. I set it up to scan all partitions.

Here is what i found:

/mnt/sda2/documents and settings/end_user/application data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/g0iym0if.default/cookies.sqlite:/2o7.net.a68612e

Found Tracking Cookie

/mnt/sda2/documents and settings/end_user/application data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/g0iym0if.default/cookies.sqlite

Found Tracking Cookie

I then went to the results, and deleted those 2 cookies.

I tried then to reboot and I still got my same original error.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/951931

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice