1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

STOP:c0000263

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by veri, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. veri

veri Thread Starter

I started up in this thread: http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/752110-edit-boot-ini-bootcfg-rebuild.html

I kind of gave up and did a 'Windows 2000 Professional Repair install'
    After the Repair Install I get the following error;

STOP:c0000263(Driver Entry Point Not Found) The\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\FLTMGR.SYS device driver could not locate the entry point.IoGetDeviceAttachmentBaseRef in driver ntoskrnl.exe

I tried to go into safe mode, but computer auto-closes and auto-restarts.
    Is it time for me to give this up and do a new install, or is there any solutions to this error?

I found this at Microsoft; http://support.microsoft.com/kb/157564/en-us
    but it didn't make me any happier:confused:

Thanks.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

Strange that looks like a missing mbr or corrupted...boot to 2000 cd and go to recovery console (R) and at prompt type in fixboot and hit enter then fixmbr and enter and then reboot.

3. veri

veri Thread Starter

I did <Fix boot> and the new bootsector was successfully written.

When I entered <Fixmbr>, it says
    "This computer appears to have non-standard or invalid master boot record. Fixmbr may damage your partition tables if you proceed. This could cause all the partitions on the current hard disk to become inaccessible. If you are not having problems accessing your drive, do not continue. Are you sure you want to write new MBR?"

Should I proceed this? I'm afraid I might lose all the data I have in other partitions than C:

4. veri

veri Thread Starter

Ok, I did the fixmbr also and tried to reboot. Now I get the following error:

Windows 2000 could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
    WINNT\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM.SAVstartup options for windows 2000, press F8

5. Rich-M

Rich-M

6. veri

veri Thread Starter

Thanks for helping out.

I'm having some problem though. The article tells me to copy the file ntldr but when I try to do that from C:\ to floppy, I get; access denied.
    Then when I use the command Expand ntldr._ ntldr I get; The system cannot find the file. But I can see both ntldr and Ntdetect.com files in the directory.

Not sure if I understand the article right, am I supposed to do all these things in my computer inside Recovery Console? Or am I supposed to copy the ntldr file from a healthy computer?

Can i copy the ntldr file from my wifes XP computer and paste it into my Win2k computer?

7. Rich-M

Rich-M

Yes copy it from a healthy computer.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!