1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Stop Error 0x000000E1

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by flyinggorila, Jul 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. flyinggorila

flyinggorila Thread Starter

ok i think i've had a breakthrough. I tried restarting just for the heck of it and got the stop error. i then remembered that the last time it booted sucessfully was when the linksys usb adapter was uninstalled. i tried booting with the usb adapter UNPLUGGED. the computer booted up fine. i will try my theory again, but it seems that the usb adapter caused the stop error during boot up. once the computer was booted, however, i plugged in the usb adapter and it worked fine! i'm going to look around in the properties of the adapter and see if i can find anything that stands out. and ideas what do to do now?

2. flyinggorila

another quick note, it seems that windows firewall has been damaged and wont start (i just get an assortment of error messages). I dont mind this, but could it be a source of the problem? (or does it have an easy fix?)

3. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

For the Windows firewall, and it might be a related problem, try resetting the Winsock stack by running this command and rebooting:

netsh winsock reset catalog

If that isn't sufficient try the fix here:

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/sharedaccess.htm

If neither works, give me the exact error messages you are continuing to get.

As for the Network card, in most cases you can simply uninstall it through the Device manager and reboot, but I think you are probably on to something with the USB modem. I've seen problems with them before. I'd prefer an ethernet one as they are more reliable though a bit more expensive.

But set a System Restore checkpoint first -- after you have done the above, so you don't reverse any other fixes.

4. flyinggorila

now theres a new error coming up. once in a while it will randomly stop and instead of the other error, it says 0x0000008E. grrr

5. flyinggorila

heres the latest minidump files (i changed the settings so that it makes the dump files).

Attached Files:

6. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

They are all the same as this:

BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, f4f86786, ef30da20, 0}

Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe ( nt!PspCreateThread+3e3 )

Followup: MachineOwner

My focus would be on a hardware issue for now -- inspite of the fact that you say you can always boot to Safe Mode with Networking support and not get the error.

I would test both the ram and the hard disk.

For the ram, you can swap out modules or use a software utility -- I recommend Memtest86.

Since almost all bugchecks can be caused by faulty ram, I would recommend you perform memory tests.

Beginners Guides: Diagnosing Bad Memory

Windows Memory Diagnostic
    Memtest86 - A Stand-alone Memory Diagnostic

>> The hard drive is best tested using a drive vendor's diagnostic utility available at their support site.

Overheating may be another consideration -- you can use Speedfan to get a view of cpu, hard drive and case temperatures.

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

7. heatshrink

heatshrink

I've been following these threads on various forums on a few weeks.

The reason is that I've been looking at these threads is that I started to experience Windows Stop Errors since "upgrading" to an HP Photosmart 3310.

My symptoms:
    The machine will suddently reboot.
    Looking at the Event Viewer immediately after the reboot, the error is always a windows system error with error code 1000008e.
    The event that *always* occurs before the error is the "Pml Driver HPZ12 service" doing something.

One thing that I've notices on all of these threads is that the running processes for everyone that has a problem includes the hpzipm12.exe driver!

I have tried deinstalling the HP driver, and my machine stops rebooting.
    But I had to reinstall coz I need to print.

I will attempt to report problem to HP soon.

Hope this helps.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/484284

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice