1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

stop error 0xD1

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Flicker, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Flicker

Flicker Thread Starter

Hi.

My computer has recently shut down and given me stop error 0xD1 - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and i don't know what to do about it.

I googled 0xD1 and i'm not sure what to do...it seems to be a driver problem of some sort...RAID driver, i'm not sure what it said.

My system has given me several different errors before, but now it consistantly gives me this stop screen.

If anyone knows what i could do, or finds a link that will help, please let me know.

Your time and assistance is appreciated greatly.

2. bil4hire

bil4hire

What you running for PC / OS
    any changing done lately (software/hardware)
    Did you try (F8) into safe mode?
    What kind of errors were you getting before?

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Will the computer still boot completely to the desktop? If not, have you tried last good known configuration?

4. Flicker

Flicker Thread Starter

i am running a p4 3.0 prescott, with an asus MB (which was/is the cause of my errors...it has onboard ati9200 chip and another ati chip, which were overheating...i have a floor fan on them now, i'm going to have to have it replaced if i hope to run it case-closed)

i'm using windows XP, and yes, everything boots fine. it just shut down a couple times (overheating still perhaps) and gave me that error. but as long as the fan is on it, there are usually no problems, except that this one has appeared twice now.

5. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Well, I certainly wouldn't keep running it if you KNOW it's overheating.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272481

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice