1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

STOP Error even after formatting Hard Drive!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by richtech, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. richtech

richtech Thread Starter

Hello, I got a new system assembled a month back and after 15 days the stop error began to happen (this was after my bro tried to transfer files from his iPod & it didn't happen). I looked up a lot of forums but didn't find this one and couldn't figure out what the problem might be. Restored system, disabled services, but nothing worked. Finally I got the C:\ drive formatted and Win XP SP2 reinstalled. Didn't install unnecessary/extra software this time. But I found this site a day before getting it formatted, so saved the last 5 minidump files.

And the day after the reinstallation, it has started happening again. The first time it was the bcmndis.sys file -- Airtel Beetel 220bx modem -- connected with the USB; couldn't find another driver for it online. Next time, it was Multiple IRP Requests Complete; third time I wasn't there to see what it was. Have saved these 3 minidump files too. Attaching all these (in two separate files: Feb Minidump1.zip [before formatting] & Feb Minidump2.zip [after formatting]) and given below is my system config. To my knowledge, I haven't manually installed any additional video/sound driver.

Also, I scanned all the hard drives after reinstallation with Avast! and didn't come up with anything more than some corrupt archives (that I deleted) and two adware *.exe files (which also I deleted). There is of course lot of music and miscellaneous data saved from my earlier computer, but all in the other drives, not in C:\.

Config:

AMD Athlon 64 x 2, 4400+;
    MSI motherboard with NVidia GE Force;
    Kingston DDR2 1 GB 667MHz (512 x 2);
    Seagate SATA 2 160 GB;
    Weiter Samsung 20x SATA SH-203B;
    Studioworks 700S 19"; MS (USB) mouse; TVS Gold Keyboard;
    Creative 17w, 2+1;
    Zebronics Shivaji 400w.

Please help as I am totally at a loss as to what to do now. :(

Attached Files:

2. meox

meox

This is very Odd indeed is the disc you used to install win XP SP2 corrupt? does it have any marks on it?

3. Jeruvy

Jeruvy

IRQ errors are generally bad drivers. Try rolling back your drivers or isolating your devices you noted above and see if the errors go away. If you can determine which device is causing the crash then you can determine what you can do about that.

4. peterdiva

peterdiva

All the crashes look to be USB related. The one review I saw said the modem has an ethernet port, so try using that instead of the USB port.

5. richtech

richtech Thread Starter

Thanks for your replies but Jeruvy, how do I isolate the devices? If I start in Safe Mode, the sound device is not disabled and a few others too. If you want, i could post a screenshot of the ongoing processes in the task manager but please check my minidump files if possible.

Peterdiva I also saw that and want to try it out but I need a LAN cable for it (I suppose), still waiting for the Airtel chap to send it over. And Meox, both times XP was installed by different CDs. And remember, it did work just fine for a good 15 days! :(

6. Jeruvy

Jeruvy

Well again everything seems to be pointing to USB, so I'd remove all the USB devices confirm the usb drivers are current, then start adding until you determine which device is causing the crash.

It's likely any drivers you did have properly installed were removed when you did the restore.

You should also run 'sfc /scannow' to make sure all the system files are there and fine.

7. richtech

richtech Thread Starter

Yes, Jeruvy, I guess the Nvidia USB driver wasn't sitting too well with the ADSL USB router. I replaced the USB cable with the LAN one & it seems to be working fine for the last 4 days. Hoping that was the problem! :)

Thanks for your help!

8. Jeruvy

Jeruvy

Glad to be of assistance!

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/684869

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice