STOP error message driving me nuts!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

krazeecrw

I have tried to research the below message and getting no results. I am trying to install a film readerm in my Windows 2000 with SP3. I have installed the drivers both from the CD and the manufacturer website to no avail. Below is the message:

Stop:OX000000CA (OX00000002, OX81CCIFIO, OX00000000,OX00000000)
Plug n play detected an error most likely caused by a faulty driver.
Beginning dumping of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.

I could not find this code on the Microsoft website so hopefully someone here can help!

You probably should be contacting tech support for the vendor or looking at their site for any FAQs or updates.

Here's a link that will tell you what you already know:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/ddtools/hh/ddtools/bccodes_9h9j.asp?frame=true

A 'pdo' for what it's worth stands for "physical device object". 'fdo' =
"filter driver object".

If you can locate any registry entries for the device, remove all instances and try the reinstall.

your error is: 0x02

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online