1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Stop Hibernation

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by GlynHaynes, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GlynHaynes

GlynHaynes Thread Starter

Hi

I currently help out a couple of local 'under funded' primary schools with FREE tech support. They both have a similar problem and I can't figure out how to stop it!
    Both schools are each running about 30 PCs using XP Pro SP2 over a Windows 2000 network.

The problem is that all the PCs go into hibernation after running the screen saver for about 20 Min's, which of course turns the monitor off. The next class of 'bright young hopefuls' comes in, thinks the PCs are switched off, so they hit the power button rather than pressing a key or moving the mouse. These are young kids and trying to get them to stop doing this is virtually impossible. (We have tried - honest).

I've changed all the settings I can think of in the Power Schemes, stopping Hibernation and running Powercfg.exe but all with no effect.

Can anyone help? :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!