1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Stop My ISP!! Please help

Discussion in 'Networking' started by PSPete, Feb 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PSPete

PSPete Thread Starter

I live in hull... so this means i can only get on the internet via Karoo which is kingston communications. There rule is NO UPLOADING!!!! or else get disconnected. About a month ago... I got caught uploading Scarface PSP game, ( good job it wasnt my pron) I then got disconnected for a month cos it was my first time, then i got aletter though the door saying that if it happens again i will have to pay £80 for a new connection. Is there any way of stopping them from seeing what i am doing and uploading.

TY

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

No. I suggest you simply live by their rules or enjoy dial-up speeds. :)

3. PSPete

PSPete Thread Starter

Ok Thank you. Btw im not on dial up, broadband and its quiet quick.

4. VAComputerSvcs

VAComputerSvcs

I would suggest you can implement Quality of Service (QoS) settings in your router. Routers can limit the upload speeds if you set them. What type of router do you have?

5. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    OK two things:

Uploading a copyrighted game is illegal. You should be lucky that they didn't know what you were uploading.

Second of all, I'm not too sure that it's not NO uploading. In order to have a connection, you need upload and download. Find out what is the cap for uploading.

Some ISPs would put these caps because their network would not be able to handle the load. My guess from what you wrote, the company is not that big.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543249

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice